INTEGRATED DEICING SERVICES, LLC
General Manager - PHL Airport
Position: General Manager
Location: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Reports To: Director of Operations
Classification: FT Regular
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company Mission Value Purpose (MVP).
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to draft a budget and meet financial goals.
- Actively promote adherence to and hold site employees accountable for leading safety and regulatory compliance with all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Inform the Regional / Area General Manager on facility issues and new airport/airline policies.
- Schedule regular meetings with local/airline manager and meet with airline representatives monthly.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests immediately.
- Comply with airline contracts and ensure specifications are met.
- Perform station audits, provide information needed for airline deicing reports, and handle all airline and FAA questions/concerns as required.
- Must be capable of interacting with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to lead team in meeting goals, identifying areas of strength and follow through to be sure that deadlines are met and success/failures are identified following each project.
- Possess solid project management skills to include coordination of team, identifying and assessing project criteria, implementation of key tasks, communication and monitoring of progress and results, and managing to project completion with final results and outcomes being reported.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention to include conducting behavioral lead interviews, performance management, training, employee growth and development, and employee relations.
- Take proper measures to ensure that aircrafts are deiced properly and airline manual requirements are met.
- Communicate regularly on airline manual updates to provide information to employees and coordinate with the Regional / Area General Manager on investigations of any security issues, accident reviews and be a part of the review and recommendation process for safety measures taken to prevent further occurrences.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in managing a deicing operation OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Successful completion of all IDS classroom and OJT de-/anti-icing training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to listen to others and value opinions, interpret information, promote and execute ideas, prepare reports and presentations, lead groups and provide foundation of open communication.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 50 pounds.
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15 foot heights for work.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
- Cannot be afraid of heights.
- Ability to travel 30% or more of the time. Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs would be required.
As a Federal Contractor we conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.