INTEGRATED DEICING SERVICES
Diesel Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
302 Oshkosh Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15108
Reports to: General Manager for Station
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and use maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and other related maintenance documents to complete work assignments.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and resolve within an established timeframe.
- Maintain complete and accurate maintenance records and conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections on equipment. Conduct spot checks on equipment and tools to keep in a safe and operational condition at all times.
- Consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Be an active part of the maintenance team through presentation of ideas for improvement, participation in meetings, assisting others at locations and responding to all requests/inquiries.
- Actively promote and personally observe safety practices and programs, and use equipment and materials properly. Work in a safe manner and lead by example in the context of performing the functions of this position.
- Assess and respond to necessary repairs and maintenance of all deicing and transportation equipment.
- Communicate daily with team members to ensure that all are informed about equipment status and expected outcome from next shift on maintenance items that are outstanding.
- Attend and participate in all trainings with members of the maintenance workforce.
- Identify and order parts and materials to sustain proper inventory or follow through, when asked or called upon.
- Must be observant of daily weather predictions and operations plans to be prepared for immediate business needs that may include responding to location during off shift hours.
- Travel periodically to other locations to provide support for troubleshooting, backup to other mechanics, training, etc.
- Promote consistent reinforcement and adherence to IDS’ mission, values and purpose to instill the core beliefs of IDS.
- Foster an environment where maintenance, operations and corporate staff work together for the success of the maintenance department and the company.
- Assure that your location is kept clean and safe through safety compliant methods as prescribed within safety and security procedures and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the maintenance field. Mechanical/electrical maintenance skills and experience required.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Proven knowledge and use of standard and specialty tools and specialized testing equipment (i.e. photo tachometer, diagnostics tools and hardware, scanners and meters).
- Knowledge of fluid types, diesel powered machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manipulate multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 100 pounds.
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15 foot heights for work.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment:
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.
Ability to travel 10% or more of the time. Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs would be required.
As a Federal Contractor, we conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.